Sunday, December 14, 2014

Postcards

This is the first thing we worked on in class. It's an awesome clipping mask, which a clipping mask is basically where you put an image over a letter for example and then when you apply the clipping mask to it the picture goes over the picture perfectly. It ends up looking really cool. I learned how to really use the clipping mask and how it works and overall this piece really tells a lot about me and I think it turned out really cool.
Since Christmas is coming up what better way to celebrate the holidays by making a postcard. This postcard was a lot of fun to make while using some of the things I have learned over the semester. One thing I really like my postcard is the santa. By dropping down the opacity on him it gave it the perfect look for the postcard. Another thing I had to do was make sure the reindeer were aligned so I made sure they were aligned. Overall this was a really fun postcard to make. 
This postcard I made using my name and the place I am wanting to live when I'm older which is Portland, Oregon. I focused a lot on the text of my name by adding really cool effects and I also find a really cool font. I also decided to add lighting to my piece. I like to add lightning to a lot of my pieces because I think lightning is really cool and its kind of my unique thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment