Friday, September 19, 2014

The Chase

The scope of this project was to have a video that followed the 6-shot system and to have A-B sequencing while having a chase going on. For the process of the video what we did in Pre-Production of our video was story board it out. We wanted are video to not be an original Chase video and to have a person be the chaser. We wanted to add suspense but also had humor to our video. You may notice that the main character in our video changes clothes time to time in the video as this was one of the problems we ran into when filming the video.

The filming process took approximately 2-3 days. Editing is always my favorite part as you get to go back and see all the shots you got, while putting them all together to make our video. I learned that taking the camera off of the tripod and putting on the ground is a great thing to do if your looking for a super cool shot. With final cut pro I learned an easier way on how to trim clips and I also learned how to lower the volume in a certain clip or a certain amount of your video which is super useful.

One thing I would do differently right off the back is to have the main character wear the same clothes or like a sweatshirt for the whole video because with all the clothes changes we have in our video it makes the viewer kind of confused.

One thing that I think I did very well was following the 180 degree rule. Another thing that I feel I did well was while editing I made the shots during the chase scene very quick shots.

The experiences I will draw from this project and put into the next is to make sure if we are doing a video with running or an intense scenes to do quick shots. Another thing I will make sure to do is to don't do the same shot over and over, you want to mix up the shots.

Overall I thought I did fairly well with this project and it was also a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment